Arts & Sciences Contests and Displays
Arts and Sciences Competition
We will once again celebrate GWW’s artisans with a People’s Choice Arts & Sciences competition. The competition will be held on Saturday in the A&S area – bring your latest and greatest Arts & Sciences projects to show off to the war! Fiber, costuming, ceramics, leather, calligraphy & illumination, metalworking, jewelry, and everything in-between – we want to see it all! All ages and experience levels welcome. Documentation is encouraged but not required. There are three competition categories:
- People’s Choice
- I Made It At War: Entries must have been completed at war.
- Unfinished Objects (UFOs): Be sure to share your interesting story about why the item is unfinished.
|9:15 – 9:45 am:||Competition check-in and entry drop off.|
|10:00 am – 1:30 pm:||People’s Choice Voting – entrants are welcome to stay and discuss their entries.|
|2:00 pm:||Winners announced (winners will also be recognized in court).|
|2:00 – 3:00 pm:||Entry pick up. *|
*If you cannot pick up your entry by 3:00, make arrangements for someone to pick up your entry for you. Please try to let the A&S Contest Staff know this when you drop your item(s) off. ANY ENTRIES LEFT AFTER 3:00 PM BECOME DONATIONS TO THE VOLUNTEER RAFFLE.
We look forward to seeing entries from our talented artisans!
Multi-Kingdom Brewing Contest
The Right Noble Brewers Guild of Caid is pleased to announce our 13th Annual Multi-Kingdom Brewing Contest at Great Western War.
Check-in for the Brewing contest at the A&S area on Saturday, October 7th from 7:00 – 9:30 AM.
Entries will be accepted from 7:00 AM until 9:30 AM. The judging will begin at 10:00 AM and continue until finished. The contest should end by 4:00 PM and/or before Grand Court, depending upon the number of entries received.
Contest Entry Fee: There will be a charge of $3.00 per entry CASH ONLY, no checks will be accepted. No more than 6 entries (no more than 2 per category) per contestant will be accepted.
*Contestants’ Entries should be Labeled, have documentation, and an entry form. If the participants do not have a Label or entry form one will be provided at Check in. Please go to our website http://brewers.sca-caid.org for printable entry forms. In addition you can find copies of the judging sheets, examples of documentation and labeling, and information on the different categories and subcategories.
Results and bottle return will be (hopefully) during the Taste of Great Western War on Saturday between the hours of 9:00 PM and 11 PM.
For more information contact email@example.com
This event is sponsored by the Right Noble Brewers Guild of Caid
After Grand Court on Saturday October 7, freshen up and make your way to the Arts and Sciences Pavilion for an evening of dancing!
The planned set list is pinned to the Facebook event. We will add more as Dance Leaders offer.
If you are willing to lead an additional set, please comment on the event page or sent a PM to the organizer.
Likewise, we are hoping to have live musicians. If you are willing, please comment or PM.
Shareable refreshments are more than welcome.
GWW Spinzilla Team
Do you love to spin? Do you spin every chance you get? Do you want to learn to spin? Maybe you Spinzilla!
- Spinzilla is part of National Spinning and Weaving Week, which is the first full week of October every year. It also just happens to coincide with GWW every year.
- Spinzilla is an international competition to see which team can spin the most yarn in a one week period.
- This year we will have a GWW Spinzilla team!
- Spinzilla is like a marathon, but for spinners. It’s organized in teams – so maybe it’s more like cross-country track. Like marathons that raise money for charity, there is a entry fee of $10 for each spinner. The money raised by Spinzilla goes to support the NeedleArts Mentoring Program, providing spinning and weaving instruction to school age children.
- Each Spinzilla team must be sponsored by a business that is a member of The National Needlearts Association. Our Patroness is THL Mariam Albarran of Griffin Dyeworks & Fiber Arts.
If you want to Spinzilla with us, team registration will be on-line at spinzilla.org starting Sept. 1. Registration closes October 1. Our official team name is “Griffin Dyeworks GWW Spinners.”
Please check this page regularly for updates, additions, and changes.