NOT LIVE – Version from 2015, needs updates
The Open Arms Bardic Hall
All that enter be welcome!
Come join the Merriment!
For the 7th year at Great Western War, the Open Arms Bardic Hall will host performances by the most gifted and talented bards, storytellers, musicians, dancers, entertainers and singers of the Knowne World. Beneath the shady trees in the open glen of Merchant’s row you will listen to stories told of dragons and magic. Come and marvel at the beauty of a dance or a haunting song of love. Clap your hands and sing loudly to a familiar tune. Bring a friend, meet a new friend and enjoy an afternoon filled with mirth, courtly love and tales of lore..
Open Arms Bardic Hall Schedule
* Performances are posted in front of the Open Arms Bardic Hall and updated until all times are scheduled.
Open Arms Bardic Hall Schedule Details
- 1-4 PM: Scheduled and Impromptu performances. Performances are posted daily in front of the Open Arms Bardic Hall.
- 1-2 PM: Caidan Chorus Rehearsal
- 7-9 PM: Open Bardic Jam/Informal Dance
- All instruments, musicians & performers are welcome to join.
- What is now referred to as “Jamming” is a very period technique. Most music was learned from one performer to the next without written music. Musicians would gather to play music and someone would start with a piece of music that they had learned or created and everyone else would jump in and add the rest. Variations of melodies as well as the most popular tunes would become standardized and eventually written down. But, even today, jamming and creating a onetime unique piece of music, harmonies and variations is as fun and rewarding as it was in period.
- All levels are welcome ~ no prepared pieces required!
- 11 AM–Noon: Caidan Chorus Rehearsal
- Noon-5 PM: Scheduled performances every half hour! Performances are posted daily in front of the Open Arms Bardic Hall.
- 3PM–3:30 PM: Caidan Chorus Performance
- 11AM–1:30PM: Scheduled performances every half hour! Performances are posted daily in front of the Open Arms Bardic Hall.
How to Sign Up
If you are a performer, troupe or household and would like to schedule performance time while at Great Western War, please contact THLady Belasset de Casal Drago at email@example.com or at the Open Arms Bardic Hall, located in Merchant’s Row.
We encourage new performers as well as those with a small repertoire to come and grace the stage.